Question: I am remodeling my kitchen, but I don’t
like any of the cabinets I see in the showrooms. Do you always do custom? How
do you decide how to design them?
Phoebe’s Answer: Our kitchens always have custom cabinets, and they are best for the following reasons:
- You always get the
finish you want.
- The cabinets can go to the ceiling, or at least to an appropriate height for the room.
- The cabinet interiors are built out the way you want them, and you get the exact layout that you need.
Here's the simplified version of how we go about planning our cabinets:
1. Measure your space and layout
your kitchen cabinets accordingly.
2. Decide what type of finish you want on the cabinets. Most people want white, but everyone is different. Sometimes it is good to mix and match. There is really no right or wrong answer.
3. Custom allows you to do interesting details (great hoods, stainless accents, interesting knob placement, unique door styles).
4. Get it built, and remember to pick a great backsplash and countertop. They will be the finishing details that really make it great.
Here's a close up on some of the cabinets from our projects: